The two most common areas of property law include:
- Conveyancing – the sale and purchase of a property or business in NSW.
- Leasing – an agreement to rent property from the owner.
We find that in most circumstances, a client’s first ever contact with a solicitor will occur when they are buying or selling their home.
Depending on whether we are instructed to act for the seller (vendor) or the buyer (purchaser) our Property Law Division role includes:
- Preparing the contract for sale
- Ordering a Building & Pest Report on a property
- Ordering a Strata Report on a property
- Reviewing the entire Contract including any special conditions
- Ensuring your finance is unconditionally approved
- Exchanging contracts
- Attending to either stamp duty exemption or payment of stamp duty
- Reviewing loan and mortgage documents
- Preparing settlement figures
- Attending settlement to ensure a smooth completion of your sale or purchase
Buying or selling a residential or commercial property is a big decision and a significant matter for most people. Hanna Lawyers has many years of experience with property in the Illawarra having represented both buyers and sellers of property in several legal matters. This brings peace of mind to our clients.
Our property team has a reputation for being efficient. We know that timing is crucial and may be the difference between securing your dream home or losing it to another buyer who gets in first.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment to discuss your property with a Wollongong property lawyer.